It is a synthetic substitute for coal dust in green sand system. It has consistently very low ash, high volatile matter, excellent flowability. Lower ash & higher lustrous carbon content makes it possible to greatly reduce the percentage of new sand addition in the system sand.
The required percentage addition depends on sand parameters, but typically 0.3 to 0.5%. Also the casting finish & peel are excellent, thus substantially reducing the shot blasting cycles.
- Lower ash built up in the system sand & higher permeability
- Louver new sand additions reducing cost
- Adaptable to mechanized addition due to excellent flowability
- Lower moisture additions leading to louver pin holes/blow hole porosity in castings
- Excellent as cast finish & peel resulting in lower shot blasting costs
- VM : 74.o to 78.0%, Ash : -3.5% max. FC: By difference